Total Pageviews

Saturday 22 October 2011

Literary Criticism and Me


Since my birth in 1979 at Arawa, then the provincial capital of North Solomons province of Papua New Guinea, I never had set my foot on West New Britain Province where my late father, John Roka is from. In Bougainville, I went to school. In Bougainville I was when the bloody armed conflict came in 1988 and passed by.

My views are therefore, absolutely Bougainvillean. I entered the PNG Attitude, a webpage promoting PNG writing currently, just this year 2011, and began publishing articles that are often so anti-PNG in nature. For this, I had received a good number of criticisms from a wide variety of persons around the country and the region.

Criticism, anywhere is good for those of us who consider ourselves as learners or beginners. With an open mind we turn to absorb its acidic attacks. For, from them I suggest we are learning the world around us. This makes us more and more focussed on what we turn to bring into society as dreaming and working writers.

Without criticism I know that, I cannot measure my impact in society or, I just could not glean where, I am not doing well. For me, though it is a new experience, I had attained some valuable assets in helping myself as a struggling-to-publish writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment