Total Pageviews

Saturday 12 May 2012

Few Pre-Crisis Urban Areas on Bougainville

Most of these photographs appeared in the BCL Annual Report Magazine in those days. Roaming the web, I came into some in 'My Amazing Paradise'. Since it brings me back to my childhood days on the streets of these places, I love to get them into my blog as well.

As you enjoy them, remember that in those days, my people were more strangers to the towns that are in their own land. Papua New Guineans, in the style of the Indonesian transmigration into West Papua ruled our land.

From employed occupation to squatter settlements, they had my people belittled and subjugated.

But, the only event that now have us as  the owners of these places is the crisis.

Arawa

A duplex in Arawa

BCL House

Arawa Golf course

Haus Bilas

Dorongko (Loloho)

Loloho wharf

Kieta Harbour

Birempa (Camp 5) on the Port-Mine Access H/Way

Panguna Township

Residential Blocks in Panguna

Loloho jetty

Saving Bougainville for Bougainvilleans is thus our long term development goal. Thousands lost their lives because of foreigners exploited our land.

                                                    

                                                   'Our Island is Our life & It Needs to be Freed'




Sourced from: http://www.myamazingparadise.com/lang/en-us/arawa-photos-before-the-crisis/

No comments:

Post a Comment