Total Pageviews

Wednesday 23 October 2013

Homeward Bound #Poetry


Leonard Fong Roka


 Rivers flood a brawl but they ease a peace

Somewhere where the road is matured a bloom in the sun

For not all seasons are rocks

That smiles away the rage of the winds.

Thus I am not a boulder to sit idle in the strangeness of Madang

To be robbed by street thugs that civilization

Had forgotten…

I am not an insane to be intimidated by a Madang man

That say he cares for me as if I got no Bougainville to call home

That is mine since I paid for it with pain and loss

Under the PNG blockade of exploitation and cruelty

I am going home…I am going home…

To my freedom land Bougainville

The island in the Solomon we died for so that the world

Know it was our island...

Our island in the Solomon

I am going home; home sweet home

Bougainville, with my heart in peace

And my hands on the flag of my Bougainville

And this light knapsack

For my Bougainville…

No comments:

Post a Comment