Total Pageviews

Saturday 22 September 2012

Eight 2012 Crocodile Prize Pictures

I have a dream and I am running after it at all cost. I am following it closely to improve the craft I am loving so much.

I attended this year (2012) PNG Society of Writers, Editors and Publishers in Port Moresby to meet and listen to PNG and Australian established authors and listen to their inspirational words so that I can improve in my writing.

This great competition is so supported by the Australian High Commission and not PNG government.
Australian High Commissioner to PNG, His Excellency Ian Kemish & Simbu novelist Francis Nii at the Crocodile Prize


Australia so supports this event that is promoting PNG writers and their works thus it is the High Commission that hosts it since 2011.
The PNG Society of Writers, Editors and Publishers new executive that we voted for through electronic whilst those of us who were at Port Moresby cast a ballot.
PNG old man of literature and author, Russell Soaba giving a discourse to young writers from his experience
So attentive young writers listen to another presenter
Australian novelist Drusillla Modjeska who launched her novel 'The Mountain' at the Crocodile Prize; PNG writer Regina Dorum (centre) and PNG Society of Writers, Editors and Publishers president, Amanda Donigi
(From right) Novelist Francis Nii, myself, author Kela Kapkora Sil Bolkin (behind me), Bernard Yegiora and David Gonol
One popular figure was the man in blue, Sir Rabbie Namaliu and seated is PNG's wheel-chair bound author Francis Nii with his copy of the Australian novel, The Mountain
A lunch with a writing family that I am missing greatly
 
 
All photo credits to fella writer Jimmy Drekore
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Editors and Publishers are an unknon world to me ... I write and randomly discard my work ... nonetheles, wishing you well with your dram, L ... Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... dream ... I meant to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat, you really good with your works and me, English is a language I am still learning and still have a long way to go.

    ReplyDelete